Internship Forms


Students who are classified as trainees/interns in undergraduate research, creative activities, or other scholarly activities, are eligible to receive living stipends, not wages. Please fill out and sign the following forms and return them to the Office of Undergraduate Research, Creativity and Innovation through campus mail at ACU Box 29103 or email at or The required forms are the Internship Agreement, Internship Payment Form, a W-9, and proof of Responsible Conduct of Research training. Please allow two weeks for processing of the paperwork before a student can receive their stipend.

Student interns are trainees and not employees. This means that they are receiving primarily an educational opportunity by participating in research activities. There should be learning objectives outlined as part of the research program. As such, trainees will receive a 1099 in January when tax documents are sent out. Taxes will not be withheld from their stipend, therefore if students have concerns about how this will affect their taxes when they file, they should speak to a tax professional.

Trainees are required to complete a course in Responsible Conduct of Research available through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. The RCR Training may be accessed here. ORSP must receive proof of completion prior to issuance of the trainee stipend.


Internship Agreement

Only one option.

Word Document Version >


Internship Payment Form

Only one option.

Excel Version >




Choose either option.

Editable PDF >
Online Version >


Request More Information