Janna Orman Morgan, '01As project manager for the University of North Texas (UNT) System Office of Facilities Planning and Construction, I am responsible for managing large renovation projects and small new construction projects from start to finish. If the project involves the purchasing of new furniture, I handle this procurement process as well. In addition to the management of architecture, construction, furniture procurement, schedule and budget, I am also responsible for coordinating the move of the end users, or clients, from their current location to their new location.

I love my job because every day is different, each project is unique and the process is very rewarding. It is so nice to see the faces of the end users when they move into their new spaces and to know the project is helping to improve this wonderful university.

Currently, I am working on approximately seven projects. These projects range from the major renovation with MEP overhaul of an existing concert hall and the complete renovation of the exterior signage of our downtown campus to a space analysis study of one of our largest buildings on campus and the addition of the first clean room on campus. Each project is challenging, exciting and different. As the university grows (we currently have approximately 36,000 students) and more new and exciting programs join the list offered, I expect to encounter more unique project as I grow professionally with the UNT System. Janna formerly worked for Lee Lewis Construction in Lubbock and Barry Swenson Builders in San Jose, CA.