Chelsey Tatum here!
Just wanted to recap last Thursday’s AIGA meeting for those of you that weren’t able to make it, as well as for those of you that wanted a little more information! We had a fun time discussing the design community of AIGA, answering questions and sharing our design journeys.
We talked about activities we might do throughout the semester as well as things we’ve done in the past.
If you’re interested in joining – it’s easy! click here – http://www.aiga.org/join/
Once on this page you can see the various levels of membership – most of us just do – $50 Contributor. (Benefits Below)
Keep in mind, we ask that you be a member before going on trips with the group. I’ve gotten this question before, for the few of you wondering – You don’t have to be a graphic design major to join, although, most of us will be!
• Our chapter is under the AUSTIN CHAPTER
This will allow you to have awesome VIP benefits a designer –
and looks great on your resume! ;)
• Full Member, Searchable Profile on AIGA.org – studios can find you to hire you
• Access to members-only content on AIGA.org – articles, blogs, big ideas, fellow designers
• Behance portfolio in AIGA network – just add a link and have more eyes on you & your work
• Access to Design Jobs listings – Awesome companies post here
• Discounts on events and competitions – Gotta love saving that money
Check out the awesome agencies, studios & fun stops we’ve crashed along the way –
* McGarrahJesse | Austin – Met Karl Hebert – (Goldlunchbox – Dribbble) | http://www.mc-j.com/
Clients include – Central Market, Shiner Beer, Whataburger, Frost Bank, Sweet Leaf Ice Teas & more!
• Helms Workshop | Austin – Talked with Christian Helms himself – http://helmsworkshop.com/
Clients include – SXSW, Austin Beerworks, King Airways, We&Co, FarmersFare, Frank & more!
• Frank Restaurant | Walking distance from McGarrah Jesse – Christian Helms branded restaurant
• Torchys Tacos & Twisted Root – places we snagged dined together at between agencies – YUM!
• Cathedral of Junk | Austin – https://www.facebook.com/Cathedral.of.Junk
• Minute Man Press | Abilene – Talked with Leif Merck | Awesome shop for future print needs
Has an awesome letterpress printer – Get on Leif’s good side and he may let you use it.
• Me+You | Dallas – http://www.meplusyou.com/
Clients inclue – M&M, Pizza Hut, Diet Coke, Coca Cola, Pampered Chef, Dannon, Burt’s Bees & more!
• Foundry Collective | Dallas – Talked with Travis Ladue & Scott Hill | http://foundryco.com/
Clients Include – Emporium Pies, Williams Sonoma BBQ, The Mule, Pak Pao
• Fossil | Dallas – http://www.fossilgroup.com/careers/
Your officers for the year are –
• Sarah Eaton – President
• Zach Guerra – Vice President
• Emily Pybus – PR & Marketing
• Chelsey Tatum – Secretary
I’d love to take any other questions you may have over the course of the semester!
In the mean time, we’re working hard to track down some awesome studios
to visit as well as food & fun for our next meeting!
Should be an awesome semester!