Project 2 Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  02.28.12  |  Reflection (P2)

At the start of this project I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed. The task at hand seemed almost impossible! I am the type of person that when presented with too many options, I get a little scared. Like I stated in critiques, this type of design has proven to be extremely difficult for me. I get so caught up in the “box” and the grid and all the things that could possibly constrain you in the process of web design. Trying to find different ways and different approaches to design took up much more time this time around than I expected it to. I finally had to take a step back and put pen to paper. Novel idea, right? Actually do sketches for something like this? Now, I typically do these kind of things with any other design. I’m very much for the hand-drawn and fine art aspect when it comes to graphic design. However, for some reason with Interactive Design I have trouble combining the two. Once I finally took a step back and looked at the bigger picture and let myself go through the process that was at hand, I feel like I was finally able to get a hold on what I could do. After finishing this project I can confidentially say that I did worlds better then the first one. It was so much easier for me to get a hold on how to do this, how to make the sizes right and how to make everything work together. I also love branding, so the idea of getting to start from scratch helped me out with wanting to be passionate about this project as a whole. Also, after completing this project I am even more excited for the next one. I can’t wait to let myself continue to grow. At the start of this class I thought there was no way I would ever enjoy any project in this class. From the start of being a designer I swore off interactive design, simply because I hated it and felt it was too simple. Well, I got slapped in the face. I’m actually learning how to enjoy this and how to push myself in new ways.