Final Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  02.29.12  |  Reflection (P2)

I feel like I have come a long ways during this project. Especially since the beginning of January. But I still feel as if I have many obstacles to overcome. Specifically I think that technically speaking there are still many small techniques that designers use in photoshop that I read about and want to do but don’t fully understand how to do it. I think this is something I will learn over time and with continued practice.

Conceptually I think that I am nothing thinking big enough. I generally come up with a nice look or feel for my websites but I fail to see and think of every detail that will really give my website that umpf.  I get so focused in on one particular aspect of my projects and then I am caught neglecting other equally as important sections of my websites. I need to try to avoid doing this and just think of the big picture the entire time that way I can put intentional thought into ever facet of my design.

Some places that i have seen improvement in is particularly my eye for minute detail and alignment. I think this is attributed to my job and this class. I am no so detail oriented that i often fall into the problems listed in the paragraph above. But I still think that it is a great improvement in my design eye. Also i think that my sketching process has greatly improved in the confines of this class, I am beginning to think of all aspects of a website while im still in the sketching page which is a good thing I think.

Overall I think that I still need to improve my process work and try not to get focused in on small details that then end up consuming me!

As far as improvements from previous assignments I think that my design eye as far as detail and web information has focused and I am able to think more clearly about what needs to be done and what should be done and I can focus on layout design then rather than thinking of the small stuff.