Reflections Project 2

0 Commentsby   |  02.29.12  |  Reflection (P2)

Overall there was an enormous improvement from the first project to this one. My treatment of elements progressed as well. After going through the Photoshop tutorial about creating buttons, I felt more confident in experimenting with my own. I definitely feel that I have a long ways to go–there’s always more to learn. I’m learning to enjoy Photoshop more; I love learning new shortcuts. Trying to perform one task can take forever, like finding the layer you need to work with, but now I can just command + click and there it is!

As far as technical mistakes go I realized that I failed to follow the grid structure as much as I should have. I think it would have definitely created a stronger since of unity between the pages. I struggled with varying the pages; I tried not to venture too far from the overall layout look and feel. I need to continue to learn more and improve my use of hierarchy. It’s frustrating because I’ve worked with it time after time, but I still make senseless mistakes. I need to be producing more sketches, but I feel like I’m getting there!

Conceptually, the beginning process was not what I ended up with, which is just fine. I feel that I still struggle with communicating what my vision for how things should work. That’s always a challenge though. So hopefully I will be able to better depict my site map for the next project and it will not be a stumbling block.

I was glad to have more freedom in this project, it could have been daunting, but I feel that I found a subject I was passionate enough about to keep it concise. I think a strength is that I really strive to listen and take critiques seriously, if something needs to be changed I am willing to at least try it, if not completely go with the suggestion. It was a wise decision for my menu page as well as a text box on the home page of my site. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and wanted to keep making pages!