Interview Summaries

0 Commentsby   |  03.30.12  |  Interview Summaries (P4)

I interviewed a total of 12 people because the first 2 people I interviewed don’t go camping.

The first thing I found is that everyone i interviewed doesn’t have cell service when they go camping.

I also found that often they are plagued with closed roads and trails because of natural fallen objects across said roads or trails. When I asked them if there was a way to save that point on a map on their phone while offline so they could send it to the forrest service, would they ever use it and would it be helpful. 7 out of 10 said yes.

Some other people said it would be nice to have a social networking-esq app for outdoors people so they could share sweet trails and camping spots that they have been to, and they also thought that a feature to pin where dangerous wildlife has been spotted would also be useful. Since once an area becomes popular bears are usually soon to follow.

Of my 10 people 2 were hunters and they said that a app to show were lots of wild game had been spotted would not be used by either of them because it takes to trill of tracking out of the equation.