Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  05.09.12  |  Reflection (P5)

Project 5:

Compared to the last app we did I think I have improved quite a bit as far as functionality and user experience goes. It was a challenge to have to think like someone else who really wouldn’t understand how to do simple things in the app and try to make that easily navigatable for them. I think some of my technical weaknesses for this project were relying on illustrator to make the actual graphics and them placing them into the PSD screen place. I would have really liked to be able to do it all in photoshop but I couldn’t get the aesthetic that I wanted like that. Another thing that I struggled with was conceptually coming up with randomly generated graphics. That proved to be harder than I thought. Overall though I think I improved on my UX skills and I think that my app looks clean and modern and easy to use and in general looks pretty tight. I can still improve in some areas of Photoshop though.

Year Reflection

When this class first started I thought that i had a pretty good feel for what was cool and good interactive design and I thought  that I would do great work. I was wrong, I found myself struggling to make things perfect and produce work that was nice looking and cool. After the first project thought I felt like I had a new understanding and I think I have improved ever since then. Overall I think I drastically improved in web design UX and other aspects of designing a website, and I realized that i really didn’t know anything about it like I thought I did. However, I can still greatly improve in pretty much every thing that we have learned in this class. One of this biggest things I still struggle with is negative space issues, and while I have improved at dealing with that, I still have some room for improvement. Overall I think I learned a ton and excited to try and apply the skills I have learned in here.