Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  05.09.12  |  Reflection (P5)

Upon reflecting on this final project I realized something. Technically I have become much more comfortable at designing for the screen. My Technical abilities have gotten much better, I am able to make the elements of my design more visually sound and cohesive. I find myself asking fewer questions about how to accomplish something and more about what to accomplish, I am very pleased with my increased technical proficiency. Conceptually this project was different from the last because we planned the concept up through wireframes together as a group, so conceptually this was much better. I think that way of exploring ideas as a group has really helped on this project. Although we had less time to actually design the app it went much smoother than before, I knew what I was doing and I knew how to get there.

My process has improved in its depth of research, and this is true of both the visual appeal and user interface. One thing I realized about building apps is that there is so much great stuff out there and so many different ways of treating the user interface, extensive research really helped me learn how to take what others learned, adapt it and apply it to my work. Although there are certain conventions associated with app building I feel like this is an area of design where boundaries can be pushed, which I hope in the future I can do. I feel like my app is functional and the interface works but it is somewhat conventional in the app world, I hope to find different ways of thinking out side the box in the future.

Ultimately this has been a very good experience for me. From the first assignment in the class to this last one, I see significant improvement. I know feel much more comfortable knowing that If i were to be asked to design a website or an iphone app that I would be successful. Also I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of interactive design and cant wait to dive in further while employing my skills in the future.