Weekly Announcements for week of April 9:
Hello Everyone! Registration craziness is almost over. Freshmen be sure and check Banner to see what is still available so you have less stress when registering tomorrow.
- Come to DM 141 on Thursday, April 11, at 11:00 a.m. and meet John Silvis, Brooklyn-based artist and Director of NYCAMS. We’ll have a brief devotional time (for Chapel credit) and then John will share information about opportunities to study visual art, design, or writing in New York City.
- NYCAMS is a faith-based artist and writing residency program that offers the opportunity to live, create, and interact in the cutting edge cultural capital of the world, New York City. All NYCAMS programs are led by New York-based artists, writers, and art historians and benefit from being located in the heart of Manhattan where students can regularly interact with the art world.
- NYCAMS Student Exhibition
- Semester Art Residency Program
- NYCAMS offers a 16-credit, one-semester undergraduate residency program in the fall and the spring. The program includes an internship and culminates in a student exhibition.
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- This 9-month studio program offers students who have finished their undergraduate work the opportunity to build their portfolio in preparation for graduate school, or to continue their professional development. This is a program for talented and self-motivated young artists who want a professional future in the visual arts.
- Semester Writing Residency Program
- NYCAMS offers a 16-credit, one-semester undergraduate residency program in the fall and spring. The program includes an internship and culminates in a public reading of student work.
- Chisholm House Assisted Living Community contacted us about needing a mural painted. They are located at 1450 EN 10th Street. If you are interested please contact Ginger Perdue, Residence Director at Chisholm House (325) 670-0961. They are ready to get started on it and get it done as soon as possible. I have a copy of the mural if you want to come by my office to look at it.
- Tonight! Downtown Gallery Reception for Terra Incognita Downtown Gallery tonight 5:30-8:30. Reception for the Opening of Terra Incognita, a show featuring the work of Robert Green, Kenny Jones and Polly Jones during Artwalk.
- 2013 Student Competition – Student Competition guidelines can be found here.
- Frist and Second Year Reviews – All Art & Design majors are required to participate in two student review sessions before graduation. These will take place at the end of your first and second year as an art and design major, during the spring semester. This typically takes place the thursday and friday before finals week. A sign-up calendar is emailed out to students a few weeks prior. Please see the blog for expectations.
- Important Course Time Changes (Fall 2013) – Please refer back to Tuesday’s email about IMPORTANT COURSE TIME CHANGES and check your schedule carefully. Also view the changes on the blog