Resources for Graduate Study & Writing
1) Library Resources
- Click here for the ACU Dallas Library Portal
- Click here for video tutorials for using the library portal
- Click here to ask a librarian a question
- Click here for a list of research guides for more resources
2) Resources for the writing style of the GST:
- Turabian, Kate L. A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. 7th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago, 2007.
- Alexander, Patrick H., et al, eds., The SBL Handbook of Style. Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 1999).
- Some professors specify SBL style; others require Turabian (Click for examples). If you are unsure, don’t hesitate to ask them.
- Click here (SBL Form) to see examples of the most common citations in SBL form.
3) Resources for guidance in writing papers:
- Vyhmeister, Nancy Jean. Quality Research Papers. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2008.
- Yaghjian, Lucretia B. Writing Theology Well. NY:Continuum, 2006
4) Resource for an overview of literature in theological studies:
- Stewart, David R. The Literature of Theology: a Guide for Students and Pastors. Revised edition. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox, 2003.
5) Resource for building a personal library:
- David R. Bauer, An Annotated Guide to Biblical Resources for Ministry. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson, 2003.