Today, Donald Simpson led our session about Google’s Backup & Sync. Upload and store files from any folder on your computer, camera, and SD cards in the cloud. You can find your content on any phone, tablet, or computer using Google Drive, and your photos and videos in Google Photos.
You can go to the download page for Google Backup & Sync here
We were honored to have Dr. Nil Santana lead one of our sessions today in the Innovation Foundry.
Planning use of Educational Technology in your course with Design Thinking
Design Thinking is a powerful methodology that can help you plan use of educational technology in your course. It combines creative and analytical approaches and requires collaboration across disciplines or functions. It draws on problem-solving methods and ideas from engineering, design, the arts, the social sciences, and the business world. Join Nil Santana, Assistant Professor and Director of ACU Maker Lab for a deep dive into how you can use key Design Thinking techniques to solve challenges and implement educational technology in your courses.
Today, Dr. Jeff Childers provided us with insight into some of his own experiences in creating visual presentations for students and audiences of all types and sizes. Donald Simpson then followed up with information concerning the ACU supported presentation applications available to everyone on ACU’s campus. We greatly appreciate those who were able to attend and participate in this Adams Center session.
You can view Donald’s presentation by clicking the image below.
Today, we talked about several things:
- How many photos have been taken with mobile devices
- Are the images I capture with my mobile device truly special
- Do I understand the mechanisms taking place when I capture an image
- Is the mobile device I use to take images good enough for every situation
- Do I understand how to go about changing my settings and environment for the best image possible
Yeah, it was a lot of content to cover, but we hope you were able to glean some valuable information as a result. We have provided a PDF for you to go through the presentation if you like, below:
If you would like to know more about how to take better photos, we highly recommend the following:
Inspiration and other sites:
- Apple – Apple’s official site for training anyone how to take better photos with an iPhone
- Photojojo – Great gadgets for your smart phone