The adult Bible classes at Highland began again on January 17. The video is found here. The reflection questions for John 12 are:
- How is Mary a model for your discipleship? (John 12:1-8)
- How has the church in the past AND how do we now reflect on the story of the triumphal entry? (John 12:12-19) Is it a day of celebration that warrants a parade?
- Throughout the Old Testament, the word “glory” is tightly connected to God’s Divine Presence. Use a concordance and look closely at the references to glory in Exodus, Ezekiel, and Haggai for examples. How is John using the word glory and glorify?
- While John is the Gospel of Belief, why is there an emphasis on folks who do not believe in John 12?
- What is John’s understanding of Jesus’ death for the church today? Or asked in another way, how is Jesus’ death connected to the life of the community? (John 12:20-36)