Misc

3 Commentsby   |  03.08.12  |  Media

From class this morning: painting with light

1. Bethany Hunter

I am really impressed with the way this first image came out. If I had not been present for the making of this photo, I would have assumed there were two photos juxtaposed together, with light streaks added over them in editing. The crisp distinction between each individual pose makes it hard to believe they both came from one shot. The contrast in this picture is really appealing as well. The next two images are easier to imagine being done with one shot, as there is a continuation throughout the picture. I would love to play around more with light painting and different shutter speeds.

2. Michael McCarty

This has always been something that I’ve wanted to try and never have, it seems intimidating. After watching the process and how you are able to create these images I feel more confident about exploring this option. My favorite pictures are the blurry ones because I feel like the tell a story of the motion, and leave kind of a footprint behind.

3. Hannah Jones

these are so nice! my friends have made these in the past and i think they are wonderful and a kind of mix between my two favorite mediums- video and photography. it has the still look of a phoo while at the same time giving off the vibe of a motion picture