P3 reflection

0 Commentsby   |  03.23.12  |  Project 3

I feel good about this project – technically and conceptually.

I spent more time sketching for this project, and I can tell that it helped. My project felt more cohesive from the beginning and I didn’t have to spend as much time making all the details match up. I also have a couple other blog themes ready to mock up for my portfolio.

I’m getting really comfortable in Photoshop and I really enjoy working in it. I think the elements I create are starting to look less clunky. Also, I’ve started to notice details on websites I visit. Once I notice these things I am getting better at figuring out how to make them.

While working on this project and lately at the Optimist, I noticed that I am becoming more sensitive to hierarchy. I used to have to make myself think about managing levels of hierarchy, but recently I have noticed that I have a couple of levels defined right off the bat. While I was working on the first project in this class, I noticed how bad I was at setting leading. I’ve made an effort to improve that, and I think it’s getting better.

I haven’t figured out another specific area of design to focus on, but I think it helps to find one area to keep in the front of my mind while I design so I can make it more intuitive.