P3 Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  03.23.12  |  Reflection (P3)

This project was not as daunting of a challenge for me as the last one, but I still suffered from several problems that hindered my final output.

In terms of progress, I believe I am getting much better at manipulating Photoshop and keeping things logically organized. This project required the greatest number of folders and layers so far, but I kept a pretty good handle on it throughout the process. I am also improving marginally in maintaining a consistent style or tone in my work, I think. From previous assignments I can see improvement during the process when developing different directions for elements. Even though they weren’t radically different, I think they were better than the directions from the last project.

Conceptually I am still having trouble breaking the traditional mold of how certain sites should look, and tend to stick to the confines of what encompasses a traditional blog or restaurant site. I still need to improve on the process, and finishing sketches before working on elements or rough compositions. I feel that if these things come first, I will be ultimately more happy with the end results.