Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  03.23.12  |  Reflection (P3)

The blog was a challenge because the pages are all so similar, but different. They have to have the same feel and layout in order to make sense, but the levels of hierarchy on each page changed. This project had a lot of type arrangement and that was difficult sometimes to figure out the hierarchy and to make it the correct size and readable, although I think this time it was much easier to find a solution than on previous assignments. I think one area that coule be worked on more for me would be the hierarchy in the post title and date. The fonts I chose limited my choices, such as the thing I wanted to be higher did not have any bold or italic. Looking at it now I think the date could be even smaller than I made it so that the title would stand out more, and even maybe change the order. One page that I think is very readable and useable is the single post page with the comments at the bottom. I struggled to make the comments stand out from the submission boxes, and also so that it was not so heavy of a color that it brought your eye down to it immediately. I looked at a lot of other popular blogs and used a similar layout and I believe it reads well, with the exception of a little bit of spacing issue with the posters name and the date. I feel as if the home page is clear and it would be easy to see what interests me and to click on a post and go on to the post page. The clipped image is not too big but not too small, to where you can see a preview and it draws you in, which I think is the purpose of the blog. The archive page was difficult, and I think if I could do it differently I would make it slightly different from the other two pages, maybe with month and year and then it would continue onto posts from that month or year. This page was for categories (or tags) and I think it clearly tells you what has been placed in that category. I enjoyed this project and I would really like to make this blog real and connect it to my portfolio sometime in the future.