Summary

0 Commentsby   |  04.19.12  |  Interview Summaries (P4)

After interviewing a handful of people I came to the same conclusion on all- everyone had found difficulty in either locating a property for rent that met their needs as well as problems with getting in contact with the renter. Another common response and experience was the reoccurring theme of problems with a property or renter after a lease had already been signed. The majority of my interviewees said the most common way they find a property is by driving around neighborhoods in their surrounding area or word of mouth. Everyone agreed being able to see all this information in one place would have made their lives a lot easier. One of my interviewees was extremely excited to hear the possibility of reading reviews from previous tenants dealing with any positives and negatives of the property and of the renter. This would be helpful especially if the landlord or realtor wasn’t really involved with the property and not willing to fix anything or keep up maintenance. Everyone agreed that the ways they have been dealing with finding a house or apartment is extremely time consuming and often a let down. A couple of my interviewees complained that the biggest annoyance was driving around and calling about a property that had already been leased but still had the for rent sign up. One of the people I interviewed, Eric, said it would be of great help to see all aspects of the house (info on rooms, price, etc) before ever talking to the renter.