Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  04.20.12  |  Reflection (P4)

At the beginning of this project I didnt know how I felt about designing apps for mobile. But now after creating one in this class and learning more about it at DSVC, I feel way more confident and prepared to do this in the future. And Actually, I kind of enjoyed it!

Technically I might have left out a few pages that show how certain aspects of the app works, but as a whole I think I was on the right track. Me and photoshop are friends now so I am getting better at figuring out how to technically create what I want. Which is very beneficial. Conceptually is where I have the most problems. I like my three tasks that my app can handle, but wonder if it should be more simple or have more depth. The main area that I am talking about here is the font/lettering ID portion. It might be super helpful to people who dont know styles or genres of typography, but how many of the users of this app will be people who know nothing about typography? I’d be willing to guess few. So could my app do without guessing at the year, style, genre, or font of the picture taken? Maybe so, but anyway I think about it, I decided that it couldnt hurt to have it in there. Especially since there is the “other” box where people can put in a more detailed description if they know one. I am glad I made 15 pages though. If I didnt I think I would have been less secure in knowing people would understand my app.

I think I improved conceptually and interactively throughout the process of creating this app. I really wanted to make sure people understood the interface. The interface being styled after Instagram is an instant hit to whoever I show the app too. They understand it, appreciate it, and think its beautiful. I think thats a positive response right? My mom saw it on my website and said she even understood every part of it and wants to buy it! I also think in the other projects I didnt spend as much time thinking about interactivity as I did with this one. I believe interactivity and user experience is probably the most noticeable and hardest problems to deal with in mobile design. What I mean by that is when we see a problem with interactivity or the interface, we know its there, but the solution is so hard to find! I loved trying to solve these problems and keep the design cohesive at the same time.

In order to make more apps or do mobile design I have to do a lot more of it and really dive into UEX and UI design. Which I am excited about! Great project. Thanks