This Reflection Is Better Than A Mirror.

0 Commentsby   |  04.20.12  |  Reflection (P4)

This mobile app design has been my favorite project thus far in the class. Designing for the web is interesting, but it has nothing on designing a mobile app since there are so many more things to consider when designing for an app. One thing that I noticed that was crucial when designing for a mobile app is real estate and user interaction. I noticed these two things were crucial the hard way, and had trouble dealing with them at first. When I first started, I realized that I for the most part, over complicated things in the design, and how the user would interact with the app. Simple is definitely better and more convenient in this case. However, I saw significant improvement in how the user interacts with the app as the project progressed. One specific thing that I know progressed was the screen shot that had the short cuts where if you swipe your finger to the right, it would show the short cuts or if you swipe to the left, it would go to the next page which is a potential problem. Also the use of the back icon was a issue in the app because of the multiple pages in one section. However, by looking at the final product, you can see that these issues were resolved by simplifying. Instead having multiple ways you can scroll through pages, I reduced it down to one- the scroll bar.

I think the overall design for the app is APPealing, but I know that there is room for improvement. User interaction is the main thing that I noticed that I need to improve on. A successful design is great, but if the user doesn’t want to interact with it because of how the buttons work, then it won’t be a very successful app.