Artifacts from the Future

3 Commentsby   |  10.24.12  |  Student Posts

WIRED Magazine has featured a final page photo called “FOUND: Artifacts from the Future,” for some time now, and they’re all fairly interesting (and funny). Our newest project reminded me of these photos, as they are essentially packaging for imaginary products that don’t exist yet.

I think my favorite part of these is how cheesy everything is, but because of that they look and feel like real products.

Check them out here:

http://www.wired.com/wired/issue/found

1. Courtney McGaha

i think one of my favorite ones was the children’s book, but i loved the truck stop! that was hilarious! i love how with all of the hype for alternative fuel, they went as far as to choose things like hydrogen, ecoli, and oscar meyer. that, and making the price of normal fuel $34.99. What a scary world we’ll live in someday haha

2. Sarah Eaton

I liked the device for monitoring children. In reality I think its a great idea and in a way it brings children closer to being treated like dogs.(micro-chipped pets) But its also interesting to see how they designed it in a way to attract a specific audience of mothers who are most likely overprotective and want to keep dibs on their kids 24/7!

3. Carlie Walters

My favorite of these is the grow your own nanoraptor. To me that’s just a hilarious concept. And the fact that it looks like a multi-vitamin is even better, ha!