0 Commentsby   |  03.04.13  |  Student Posts

There is a show on TLC that is about virgins getting married and the first kiss between the couple being on their wedding day. This is a show that has been made fun of quite often and I too have found myself laughing at it as well. But what’s funny about it? What exactly is funny about a couple saving themselves for marriage and taking it to the next step and saving their first kiss between themselves for their wedding day? Nothing. It is all pure innocence. We find ourselves laughing and making fun of the people who choose to save themselves, or choose to not act in a scandalous way. Morally, they are correct. These types of people carry a dying trait among many of us today. They choose to do the right thing and conduct themselves in a way that is justified and right.

I feel as though now days that it is socially accept to have sex before marriage, show PDA, and act out in sexual ways such as dancing. We are in a world that that is okay and i believe that that is one of many evolutionary changes. Girl view themselves as less than attractive if they are not dressed a certain way, wearing make up, etc. This is wrong and part of what makes a girl beautiful and attractive is the naturalness that comes from within and without. The evolution has changed drastically and I don’t feel as individuals we have the right to make fun of someone who chooses to save themselves from a life like the average American. Sex has become one of the major icons for the citizens today and even influences young children. I believe that the change in evolution has had positive effects on the world today but I do believe that this evolutionary change has negatively influences individuals. It states in 1 Peter 3 that your beauty should not come from outward adornment but should come from who you are within. Society has lost sight of that and feels the pressure that we put on them every day to become more than our inward beauty. To save ourselves from marriage or to dress in a way that is not revealing is not something to make fun of but rather something to admire. We lost sight of this trait that we should have and I feel as though people should open their hearts to a new view on the “average citizen.” This is something that has evolved over years and years but I believe that little change in this every day can make all the difference in the world.