We’re excited to welcome Jane Clark to the COBA team where she will serve as the new Enrollment and Student Development Manager. Originally from Wichita, Kansas, Jane and her husband have recently moved to Abilene as her husband joined the ACU Football coaching staff.  We asked Jane to tell us a little more about her background, her family and herself. Welcome to ACU, Jane!

Where did you go to school?

I completed my undergraduate degree at Kansas State University and went on to complete my Master’s degree at Oklahoma City University. 

Tell us a little about your family:

I am so proud to be the daughter of Tom and Maggie Keehn of Wichita, KS. My mother still lives there and welove visiting when we are able, especially for holidays! She still has a way of magically transforming my childhood home and making it so special. My father passed away 4 years ago, but I am still a “Daddy’s girl” through and through. I have an older sister, Mary who is married to Jack. They have a brand new baby and our first nephew on my side of the family, Luke. They live in Denver, CO. My youngest brother and best friend, Paul, lives in Kansas City, MO with his fiance, Paige. I am happily married to Matthew who is a member of the ACU athletics staff and we are the proud dog parents of our ever-shedding, quirky pup, Max. I am fortunate to have a large extended family consisting of my wonderful aunts and uncles and numerous cousins and cousins-in-law that are considered as close as brothers and sisters. 

Where have you worked in the past? 

• Adjunct professor in Early Childhood Education at Luna Community College
  • 2nd grade reading specialist in Lubbock, TX
  • Director of Campus Tours and Events at New Mexico Highlands University Lead Primary Directress at Parkway Montessori in Kansas City, MO

What drew you to the work of higher education? 

I am passionate about education at all stages – as a student as well as a teacher. I look to my collegiate experience as some of the most formative years of my young adult life – experiences, opportunities, relationships, and learning about myself and what I wanted to do with my life. To be able to support students through that journey academically, spiritually, and experientially is a professional honor. Being passionate about your work can be a rarity. 

What drew you to ACU?

Even in my short time on ACU’s campus, I have seen the vision and mission within COBA come to life through staff, faculty, and students and I look forward to promoting this opportunity to all potential students whom I am able to meet. 

Why do you enjoy working with college students? 

Education has always been a passion and through most of my adult life, a trade. I look at this position as an opportunity to pour into potential and current ACU students as they begin to explore their options for their future. I see such vision, optimism, and passion in college students and it is absolutely contagious! Seeing young people that are so convicted in their faith and their future is inspiring. 

Outside of teaching/work, what passions/hobbies do you have? 

Matt and I love being active within our community! Whether that is trying out to a local restaurant or coffee shop, walking our dog, or finding a new park to explore, we love venturing out on our weeknights/weekends. I am a bit of a sports fanatic. I look forward to cheering on our ACU Wildcats and enjoy participating in recreational sports as well – running, hiking, pickleball, tennis, golf, volleyball, yoga, and soccer. I enjoy cooking and baking (and eating) new foods! I am always up for a new recipe to attempt or sample. 

What is something that students might be surprised to find out about you? 

I live/d a very active lifestyle – I have broken both of my arms twice, my right leg, and dislocated my right ankle. I just went ahead and bought the crutches at this point. Renting was silly. I hope to keep my cap on all of these numbers. *knock on wood* 

What do you hope to accomplish in this new position? 

I look forward to showcasing all the amazing experiences that are going on throughout COBA in a given academic year! Research, internships, classes, guest speakers, study abroad opportunities, involvement on campus, departmental chapels, and philanthropic events…I want potential students to come to COBA thinking about a certain major but leave hearing about our vision and seeing themselves growing as people in all areas of their lives as a COBA graduate.