Project 1 Reflection Writing

0 Commentsby   |  02.03.12  |  Reflection (P1)

I think getting used to layers in photoshop again was difficult for me to try to get everything organized. I think that if I keep using photoshop, it will be easier to get used to and not take as long to get a project finished. I am so used to using Illustrator where things are easier to move and click and move, but with layers on photoshop it is a pain to find the right layer and edit, transform or to rotate takes longer to do.

I think my conceptual mistakes consist of having a mind set of the original imprint website that I can’t get my mind to think of ways to redesign the site. I feel like my website has the basic organization as the original site. A few changes were made visually but I need to learn how to step out of the box and design better.

The main things I could improve on is the layout of the website and have a wider range of designing rather than keeping a similar layout as the original page. I feel like I could of added more details and visual elements to this site design. However, I still want my design to look clean rather than cluttered with cramped text and images everywhere.

In Digital Graphic Techniques we learned how to layout out magazine spreads, hierarchy, and design. I think this project presented these same elements we had in Digital Graphic Techniques. I think I focused more on hierarchy than anything that I wasn’t thinking more of different directions of design and layout.

Overall, I think I was so stuck on the design of the original site that I couldn’t wrap my mind around to design differently and explore different layouts and fragment designs. I need to work on sketching out different ideas and looking at inspiration sites to design differently rather than redesigning with the same type of look. I think throughout this class I will improve on design and combining what I have learned throughout the years to create a great website design. Hopefully with the next projects, starting with a blank slate will help me come up with a different design.