Project 1 Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  02.03.12  |  Reflection (P1)

This project was the first time I have ever designed a web page. At first I thought I wasn’t going to like it but as it turns out it is probably the branch of graphic design that I am most interested in now.

Along the way i made man mistakes and have plenty of weaknesses, but I have also made progress and improvements throughout the project. First off, the biggest technical mistakes I made not knowing my way around photoshop. This caused me to spend great amounts of time doing simple things like making banners and boxes and stuff. One of my biggest weaknesses was my conceptual process.  I did my fragments incorrectly so when it came to put together my comps I had to arrange copy from scratch. This slowed me down quite a bit as the project went on.

Throughout the process I saw great improvement in m attention to detail. I found myself paying close attention to subtle shadows and textures that help make the website look smooth and easy on the eyes. I think this can really be seen in my header and rules throughout the page. I found myself looking at lots of webpages and saw that the rules were usually too heavy, and thought that I should defiantly address that in some way. i did this my making my rules gradually fade out to the edge of the boxes that they rested in.

I also saw improvement in my photoshop skills as this project went on. I am now much more confident in Photoshop and feel like I can make almost anything if asked. I know that, that is probably not true but I feel much more confidant. Seeing as how this was my first interactive piece ever I think that I started off great and am pleased with my project but have plenty of room to grow and improve m design.

Overall i think that I could spend some time improving my tracking throughout my piece. While I think that my copy is easy to follow and read, I feel like some of the tracking in some of the stories is a little bit tight and needs to be loosened up. I also have room to improve  on my sketches, I need to have more detail so I can better express my ideas to clients.