Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  02.03.12  |  Reflection (P1)

This last project was probably the most time I have spent in Photoshop. By the end of it, I feel like it was a mutual love hate relationship. After working within the program for a few hours it became a little easier in the sense of shortcuts and comfortability. It also became a little more tedious the more put into it due to the chaos happening in the layers and folders. I had quite a bit of folders so it seemed to be organized but when you have 25 layers within each folder some of the organization becomes skewed. The one technical mistake that seemed to occur time and time again was being limited with the ‘command z’ key. I would press it more than once from habit and sometimes mess myself up with by redoing what I had just undid. For the future, I just need to spend more time in the program, learn patience, and not procrastinate. I’m sure this will help a ton.
Conceptually, I think this was a specific project with pretty loose  guidelines. There was a lot of freedom with the redesigning and it was personal choice to change almost everything on the site from the logo to the icons to the typeface. In one way I really liked this, because lets face it- that site needed some help. Overall website design is difficult and time consuming. I definitely need to pay more attention to hiearchy and the algorithm all together.
Seeing how this is the first assignment I have nothing to relate to on improvements, but I can say there is definite improvement from the rough comp to the final. I think it is simple to sit down and throw together simple text with a few headlines and images and call it a website. However, when I actually sat down for the final and thought about the site, the clients, and audience I had a change of heart and changed almost every direction. So again I think it would just be wise if I sat down from the beginning with these intentions and didn’t procrastinate.