reflection

0 Commentsby   |  02.29.12  |  Reflection (P2)

So we just completed project 2 and I can say I am fairly pleased with the outcome. I feel like it could have been better with a few small adjustments, but overall I was happy with the look and feel. I will say how much faster and easier this project was in comparison with the last one. Perhaps it was the amount of time given, but I would like to think it is due to becoming more familiar with building a website and the program.
I made one major technical mistake in the beginning that slowed down my progress and probably haltered me from fulfilling the true potential of this project- I used a screen shot of the grid lines rather than taking the time to make them. Somewhere along the line I realized I couldn’t really see the blue lines and I was more just going off my own eye. After spending time completing two different directions was when I noticed the downfall of this. I realized how off center and unaligned everything was. So being 45% done (I’d say after getting the homepage done, the other two pages flow and take significantly less time), I had to almost start completely over. I went back in and put in the grid and realigned what I had. Through this though, I realized how off some type and photos were so I ended up pretty much having to redo all of it.
I also will admit I procrastinated on working on the 3rd page until the last minute and you can tell. I didn’t spend a lot of time on it at all and in some ways it feels incomplete to me. I didn’t refer back to my sketches and I think thats where I messed up. As I had already taken the time to sketch out my plans on how the site navigated and would work, I already had the hard part worked out.
I do think I was able to handle hierarchy and negative space a little better than in the last project. Whether that be because we could choose the info put into this one, I don’t know. I think I still need to work on clear hierarchy and placement.