What is your educational background?

I graduated from Conroe High School in 2008 and enrolled at ACU that fall. I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Business Management from COBA in 2012.

Corinne and her husband Chase

Corinne and her husband Chase

What is your work background?

While in school I worked with the University Events team on the ACU campus. We did everything from small lunches to large events like the President’s Circle Dinner. After graduating from ACU, I moved to Dallas and worked at the Coppell YMCA. After moving back to Abilene and getting married, I began working at a local oil drilling company. I began working in COBA  in July of 2014.

What do you do at ACU/COBA?

I am the Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the College of Business, Dr. Rick Lytle.

What drew you to work at ACU? Why did you want to work with students?

ACU played a major role in making me who I am today. I came to school not knowing if I was going to be able to make it on my own, away from my parents. I met lifelong friends, grew to be someone that I loved and someone that loved the Lord more than anything. ACU helped me believe in myself. Deciding to work at ACU was not a hard decision at all. To work in a place where I can help lead students to Christ and possibly be a part of their story is a great feeling and I wake up every morning looking forward to coming to work.

What’s the best part of working with students?

The best part about working with students are the relationships that you can build along with the different types of people you meet and learn about.

Outside of ACU, what passions and hobbies do you have?

I love to bake! It has been a stress reliever for me for a very long time. I also like to go to sporting events. My husband is a high school basketball coach and I love supporting him and his players! I would say that is my main hobby – getting to see him do what he loves along with being able to be a part of it and building relationships with each player during the season and during off season.

Corinne is Hawley basketball's #1 fan!

Corinne is Hawley basketball’s #1 fan!

Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career.

When I was a senior at ACU, working with the University Events team, I was put in charge of the Opening Chapel Parade of Flags. This is a huge event on campus and an ACU tradition so I had to get it right! I spent about 6 months planning and getting students to volunteer to carry different flags. About a week out, I was bribing my roommates and close friends to be on the list to carry a flag. When the first day of school came I was super excited and a little nervous about opening chapel but all the work I had put into organizing and planning with each student had paid off. The entrance of each of the flags was perfect! To be a part of something so special to ACU and to get the chance to learn different event management skills made all the stress and worrying worth it.

Who is your role model, and why?

I would have to say that my mom is my role model. She has been my best friend since day one. She is a Senior Leadership Consultant for the YMCA of the USA and has had the chance to travel the country meeting new people and helping them achieve their career goals. She has taught me a lot about how to be a good daughter, friend, colleague and wife and I am so thankful to have someone like her in my life that is always pushing me to be a better person.

Who was your most inspirational professor and why?

My most inspirational professor was Laura Phillips. I was in her class a couple times throughout my four years in COBA and enjoyed the classes. But it was the times that she invited us over for dinner and to make Christmas Candy that were so special to me. Being 6 hours away from home was hard but when I would go over to the Phillips’ house it made me feel like I was at home, obviously not my own, but being around a family and taking part in their lives really made me feel special and loved.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?

If I could have a superpower I would choose to be able to talk to my dog. We have a chocolate lab, Bear, and yes I talk to him pretty much every day. I would love to be able to have conversations with him and also know that he understood me when he gets in trouble. I’m pretty sure he would have a British accent if he could talk.

Bear

Bear

What is something that students might be surprised to find out about you?

My mother and I have been on 25 mother/daughter trips. Beginning when I was just a year old, we have done a trip, just the two of us. They have ranged anywhere from a short weekend in Dallas for shopping to a two week trip exploring Italy. These are memories that I will always have and I hope to one day continue the tradition with my kids and their grandmother.

What would you really want students and alums to know about you?

Take the time to invest in yourself. When you are confident and believe in yourself, others will start to see you the same. Surround yourself with people that will help you grow into the person that God designed you to be!