Tenure and Promotion portfolios on WordPress
Since 2009, over a hundred faculty per semester have built course blogs on WordPress to host discussions, share content and announcements, or have students post projects. ACU Blogs has proven to be a flexible platform for teaching in many disciplines across campus and this fall will be available to faculty going up for tenure or promotion.
Monday in the Adams Center we’ll host the first discussion on producing your portfolio on WordPress. Here are just a few of the topics we’ll cover.
- Creating Posts and Pages (Pages–>Add New)
- Using Categories and Parent Pages
- Linking to content (within the blog or on the web)
- Uploading content (Media–>Add New)
- Embedding content from YouTube/Vimeo
- Customizing the theme (Appearance–>Themes)
- Customizing the horizontal menu (Appearance–>Menus)
- Customizing the side menu (Appearance–>Widgets)
If you haven’t seen the sample portfolio produced by the University Tenure & Promotion Committee, you’ll find it here.
Links from the Session
The tenure portfolio template begins with the Twenty-Eleven theme, but if you’re considering changing the following options are well-suited to a professional portfolio.