0 Commentsby   |  02.29.12  |  Reflection (P2)

I think with this project I took our first assignment and fixed many of the problems that I had. But also, I remade some of the same mistakes just in different ways. This really helped me learn what I have trouble with and what I need to improve on. Some of these mistakes were not paying enough attention to conceptual detail and not putting enough content into the page. I am mostly very good at adding lots of detail or information and being able to portray it well.
Conceptually I had many great ideas, but on the comps you cannot see movement or action so it was kind of hard for people to tell.      This one thing could really hurt my design if this scenario was a real client meeting. Therefore, I definitely need to fully think out how every small part of my website works. The auto scrolling effect was a good idea, but I needed arrows in there so people could jump to the next section without having to scroll up. I also think since it was a grungy bbq restaurant I could get away with not super neat typography, but I have definitely done better in my time and should put more focus and thought into what I love most about my design.
I believe we have all made leaps and bounds from our last assignment, but I think for our next project I need to realize what hurt me in this project and remember that for every aspect of the site. I know I needed to put more detail and pay attention to user interaction, but I made a few small mistakes and people noticed them in critique. That obviously means I didnt do what I sought out to do. I think with this in mind, my next project will be much better.