Free-Lensing

4 Commentsby   |  11.29.12  |  Announcements

So a while ago I came across this super cool photography technique call free-lensing. It’s a method of shooting with your lens detached from the camera- but still held very closely. Holding your lens up to the camera (instead of attaching it) allows you to create a tilt-shift effect in your photos.

I follow this blog and she also has other fun photography things so if you want read more about it or any other tutorial go here:

www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/04/free-lensing-photography-tutorial.html

1. Brittany Williams

The effect that this gives the image is amazing. It’s almost a tilt-shift effect, but softer. Makes the image so timeless.

2. Amanda Cantu

The tilt shift effect on the photo is cool. I really like the soft atmosphere that is created around the girl.

3. Ashley Hall

This is a really cool concept. I would have never thought that pictures would turn out well that way.

4. Kelsie Pinckard

I would never have thought to try this method. That’s so cool, but I would be nervous to try it! I’m too clumsy, and I would hate to drop a lens. I’ve done some tilt shift projects but they’ve always been enhanced post-production, which actually looks strikingly similar to the effect done by “free-lensing”.