More on Double-Exposure

8 Commentsby   |  11.16.12  |  Assignments

Historical references:

Duane Michals

A few samples of contemporary double-exposure shots.

By Jon Duenas

By Suzy Allman

By Dan Mountford

By Jasper James

By Florian Imgrund

1. Leanne Kawahigashi

I really like double exposure images. I always think of how Lauren did her project over the summer playing around with double exposure. It’s amazing what people can do with a film camera. The quality of images automatically go up when I realize things aren’t photoshopped. Love these images!

2. Kelcie Broom

I’ve always been fascinated with the double exposure shots. I love these combining nature a a portrait and for the double of the nature to only come up on the silhouette of the face. It seems easy to photoshop, but I agree with Leanne that the quality goes up when they are pure photos.

3. Ashley Beddingfield

Wow I thought these were Photoshopped before I realized they are double exposure shots. I had no idea this kind of thing was even possible without programs like Photoshopped. I think this type pf photography is really amazing.

4. Brittany Williams

I’ve never done anything with double exposure, but have always wanted to.
    A couple summers ago I had access to a medium format 4×5 film camera for basically the whole summer and I desperately wanted to play around with it, but didn’t have the time to really play with it.
    I would love to at least attempt it at some point. There are so many possibilities with it.

5. Hannah Henderson

I always love double exposure shots! It is definitely something I would love to try sometime. I’m always looking for new fun things in photography to do and I think this is just awesome. I really like these shots and I love that there are historical pictures and contemporary pictures so we can see the growth. I love how these pictures combined humans and nature!

6. Amanda Cantu

I think the double-exposure shots look really cool. I really enjoy the colored photo of the girl with the trees exposing through.

7. Ashley Hall

I really like how trippy these images are at first glance. Each image is made of two different images, because of the layering and editing. I would love to have one of these images in my home.

8. Kelsie Pinckard

This technique still really fascinates me. It’s sad that our world is moving further away from devices that can create beauty like this, rather it has to be added electronically long after the beautiful moment (and that moment’s inspiration) has passed.