Björn Lofterud

0 Commentsby   |  10.27.14  |  Announcements

Other than the fact that this guy’s name looks like a furniture line from Ikea, his commercial photography is impeccable. I’ve always wanted to expand my trade into commercial photography with mastering the studio to shoot products for a catalogue or an ad. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to work any equipment in a studio to make this happen. Looking through Lofterud’s galleries, it is clear that he is the “top-dog” when it comes to shooting products. Below I inserted some pictures from his portfolio that have caught my eye on his product shooting. The aspects I noticed from the pictures is that there is not visible horizon on the surface the product is sitting on, and the products are reflecting onto the surface to add a dynamic feel to the picture. I attempted this concept on project number two with the “item” shot that you can see blow up obnoxiously large in the hallway of the DMC on the second floor, or posted below pictures I pulled from Lofterud’s gallery. The problem is that you can obviously see a distinct cut in the photo dividing the surface where the flowers are sitting on and the background, but I managed to show a little reflection in my piece. But overall, Lofterud’s commercial photography exudes elegance and sleekness in his products and hopefully one day I will shadow a commercial photographer like him to learn this trade.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.13.50 pm Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.15.03 pm @IMG_6701 (1)

Fun fact, Björn Lofterud did shoot Ikea furniture that you can see here.