Seth Casteel

5 Commentsby   |  10.27.14  |  Announcements

STOP! Before you read anything I have to say about this  amazing photographer, browse through his website here.

Now that your day has been made, this guy is literally living the dream, or at least my dream. It is evident that his underwater dog pictures immediately bring a reaction to the audience that draws you in to see more pictures of crazy eyed dogs desperately catching a Wilson tennis ball underwater. The first two photos I pulled from his collection is a “behind the scenes” shot, and the final product of the exact picture he was taking. I would love to know what camera he shoots with, and if he’s accepting resumes for an intern this summer, so I can learn more about underwater photography. Any shots underwater captivates me because it is showing the audience what is rarely seen to the naked eye. It would be amazing if I had access to underwater equipment to expand my trade in photography, especially if that means I get to play with dogs all day.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.38.45 pm Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.39.02 pm Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 12.39.47 pm

1. Amanda Shouse

I have a new found appreciation for pet photographers after I helped Amie take pictures of her dog Phoebe. There’s a combination of luck and skill to get good photos of animals.

2. Jennie Magner

Paige, thanks for sharing! These images are so striking! I’m so impressed that he’s able to combine elements that are difficult to control such as animals and water, and turn them into such cool compositions.

3. Brenee Ewing

I’m so intrigued by the underwater photos, i just love them!!! Especially, the second one, didn’t know that the camera could highlight the detail of water so well… Also its amazing how none of the subjects are bother by their surrounds, such as the water hurting their eyes.

4. Cierra Fitzgerald

I find these photos to be so intriguing because like you said, they portray something that is not normally visible to the human eye. Sometimes it’s difficult to catch images of the amazing things that happen underwater, but these pictures capture it so well. I find the last two pictures in this post hilarious because of the expressions on the dogs’ face. These facial expressions make them seem like they have human like emotions. Who knew that trying to recover a tennis ball could be so fierce and intense?!

5. Michelle Lytle

The pictures above are incredible. They let the viewer into almost a whole different world under water with the incredible facial expressions captured on the dogs and movement under water.