The Adams Center will be offering lunch and a two-part webinar on Libraries and Copyright in a Digital Age on Tuesday, November 27th and Thursday, November 29th. See below for the details on each session, and save your spot today by emailing email@example.com or call ext. 2455.
Session 1: Preservation and Interlibrary Loan (November 27, 2012)
After participating in this webcast, you will be able to apply Section 108 of copyright law appropriately to preservation and interlibrary loan.
- The library exceptions to Section 108
- Reproduction and distribution of library materials (Preservation, Interlibrary loan)
- Restriction on digital copies
- Options for required notice to users
- Commission on New Technological Uses (CONTU) guidelines for ILL
- Alternatives and recommendations
Session 2: Licensing and Fair Use (November 29, 2012)
- Digital collections
- Digital video reserves
- Digitization of images and other special collections
- Licensing challenges (Kindle and Netflix)
- Georgia State case injunction