The university expresses its gratitude

3 Commentsby   |  11.08.11  |  Updates

In response to the outpouring of help from friends of ACU, the university issued the following statement today:

On Nov. 4, 2011, at approximately 3:20 p.m., the ACU family suffered a tremendous accidental loss. At that time, a bus driven by Michael W. Nicodemus lost control, skidded off the highway into a ditch and hit a culvert. Sophomore Anabel Reid lost her life; a number of others were injured; and the entire ACU family was forever scarred.

Our focus continues to be on meeting the needs of those who are suffering as a result of these events. In that regard, the Reid family has graciously extended an invitation for all those who are interested to join with them in two upcoming services to honor the memory of Anabel.

In celebrating this amazing young woman’s life, we remember the heroic efforts of those who kept this tragedy from growing in scope. We would like to express our gratitude to the first responders and members of the law enforcement community who rushed to aid those involved. Further, we must recognize the invaluable aid provided by members of the Winters High School football team that came upon the scene in the minutes immediately after the crash. The coaches and trainers placed the needs of those involved above their own, and for that they have our heartfelt gratitude.

We support the Department of Public Safety and members of its team who have worked tirelessly in recent days. We understand their work is ongoing and could take many months until completion.

The university extends its gratitude to the many individuals who have reached out to contribute their time, talents, prayers and other resources. The entire ACU community remains devoted to helping the members of our family and their loved ones who are hurting. We have taken only the first steps down what will surely be a long road. We appreciate the community’s compassionate response to date, and we ask that care and concern continue to be extended to those who have suffered loss.

1. Jessica Cox

I, as a part of the Winters High School family as the athletic trainer, thank you for your prayers and support. My life was forever changed this past Friday. I continue to pray for those involved, for their families, and for the friends and ACU family. God is a great and Holy God and has a plan and a purpose for everyone. I can only hope and pray that He used me to the best of my ability under the circumstances. What an amazing outpouring of love for and from the ACU family and everyone involved. Thank you so much and God bless!

Jessica Cox

2. Troy Marrs

I am so saddened by this loss. It has been over 10 years since I was at ACU, but you never lose the sense of family. Although I did not know Anabel, her loss feels personal.
    I know God will strengthen her family and friends, and spread his grace on the entire ACU community. Our families deepest prayers are with you all.

3. Chiefs Game

thanks for this wonderful post..keep posting