Before the start of a semester, you need to request live sections in Canvas from MyACU. These live sections will include instructors and enrolled students. Once requested, your course shell should be ready in 2-4 hours.
To request live shells, follow these steps
- Go to your MyACU (my.acu.edu) page;
- Select the semester, which will show your courses for the semester. (If you do not see the semester or your course showing up, it probably means you are not listed in a particular course as an instructor for the semester. You will need to consult the registrar’s office to verify the record.)
- Click on “Tools” tab as shown below;
4. If you want to create a new blank shell, click on “+” to request a new shell. If you want to copy a course that you have previously taught, click on the copy icon, and select the shell to copy from. Please note that the copying option only creates a clone copy, including the dates. If you want to remove or adjust the dates, you might want to create a blank new shell and copy the content later on as shown in this tutorial.
5. Click on “yes” if you are asked to confirm. If you do not see a course to copy from, select “create” instead to create a blank shell. You can import content from another course within Canvas.
6. Once you send the request to create or copy, the task will be added to the list for creation. In between 2 and 4 hours, your course will be created.
7. Once a course is created in Canvas, you will see a Canvas icon in MyACU for the corresponding course.
Check this page for additional Canvas resources.