Gilad Benari

4 Commentsby   |  09.09.14  |  Announcements

Gilad Benari is a photographer from Israel who enjoys taking pictures of reflections. His work is stunning and creative, you can find the link to his blog here!

http://gilad.deviantart.com

the_weight_of_the_world_by_gilad-d6vpt7z-1

1. Caroline Levinson

Chelsea, this is VERY cool! Gilad’s pictures are inspirational. His pictures are powerful because they move you in a strong way-beyond normal, physical world can do. It is amazing how photography can do this. Gilald does a great job of using a camera to create eye-capturing, powerful artistic work.

2. Cierra Fitzgerald

Thanks for sharing this Chelsea. Benari’s work is phenomenal. I would have never thought of taking pictures through reflections. I really love the image above as well and I can’t stop looking at it! What I like most about Benari’s work is that it causes me to mentally engage in his photographs because of the illusionistic qualities in them. His work shows a unique and inspirational approach to photography.

3. Cierra Fitzgerald

I just noticed that Benari’s work is somewhat similar to Abelardo Morell’s work because of the use of reflections in images to create a more powerful portrayal of subject matter, and also because of the slight illusionistic qualities. There’s a link to Morell’s work in Nil’s second post.

4. Michelle Lytle

I really like the innocence and look of simplicity of this photo. I think that Benari did an excellent job of capturing a simple scene yet putting an incredibly complex spin of creativity on it with the reflection.