Canvas Commons is an area where ACU faculty and staff share resources for easier transfer between courses. For instance, video tutorials to help students become familiar with Canvas, or resources a lead instructor intends to share with other instructors. You could import these resources to your course by following these instructions:
1) Log in to Canvas (acu.edu/canvas);
2) Go to your course in Canvas;
3) Click on “Import from Commons” on the course home page (towards the right);
4) Search for “Abilene Christian University” in the search area;
5) Find the content you need (such as “Quick Start Videos for Canvas”);
6) Click on “Import into Course”;
7) Click on the course from the list and import will take place.
You will receive a notice on the screen saying that the content has been imported.
8. Now, go back to your course, find the module and customize it based on your needs. If there are a few things you would not use, you can remove them, or you can add additional content that has not been included in the Commons resource you just imported.