One of the many gifts of working in the Adams Center is interacting with faculty from all over campus. The collaboration that occurs in the Adams Center serves as such an encouragement to the Adams Center staff and the faculty who come together to share about teaching, learning, positive experiences, and challenges.
Last week, in the session “Active Learning While Physically Distant,” participants shared what they feel hopeful about right now. Enjoy this list from ACU faculty.
- The resilience of youth
- Building community in class even in a new configuration
- Getting to know students personally
- Using Canvas and Zoom to keep class moving amid Covid disruptions
- New ways of teaching may reach different kinds of students
- New methods we are currently developing will transform our teaching and learning in the future
- Flipped classroom model working well
- We are figuring out hard things together
- The students are being cautious because they want face to face instruction
- Students are responding positively
- We are learning how to be even more flexible