Photographer of the week 03: McNally

3 Commentsby   |  09.06.12  |  photographer of the week

Joe McNally photography — enough said.

1. Amy Beth Castleberry

This is the style I want to go for in my shoot for the first project, minus the background. I love the dramatic lighting that creates a nice contrast. If I could find a place to take pictures that looked like this, it would be perfect.

2. Brittany Polnisch

The photo has wonderful lighting and i love how her dress fades to darkness. The background is interesting but unusual. I went Joe McNallys website and I especially love the classic pics off of his portfolio. The pictures have such bright vivid colors. Its amazing that he has captured the lighting just right and the colors in the photos.

http://portfolio.joemcnally.com/#s=5&mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&p=7&a=0&at=0

3. Leanne Kawahigashi

Love McNally! I enjoy the backgrounds that he shoots with. The lighting is unique as well. This photo in particular is one of my favorites. The lighting highlights the face and upper body and keeps her legs and bottom of dress in the shadows. This makes her face really pop. I have tried to play with similar lighting; however, I honestly think this background is really making it. Love the clash between industrial and classy!