Morell’s Photograms

3 Commentsby   |  09.13.14  |  Announcements, Student Posts

I know that we have since moved on from Photograms, but as I was traversing the internet, I found some interesting photograms on Abelardo Morell’s website. In some of his photograms, he uses water and liquids like ink to create very interesting compositions. I for one had never thought of putting droplets of liquid directly onto the surface of the photographic paper, which has proven to create  a very appealing image. Looking at Morell’s photograms makes me want to experiment more with composing interesting photograms using different objects and angles of light.

photogram magnifying glass photogram

photogram 2 photogram 3

1. Caroline Levinson

I love these pictures! This really speaks to how much of an “art” photography truly is. I love that you can experiment with even the simplest thing, such as water on a photogram, and it creates a stunning, unique image and piece of artwork.

2. Taylor McDaniel

These are so neat! When we were doing photograms, I tried once or twice photographing water on the Plexiglas plate, but nothing I tried turned out as well as these. It would be interesting to know how he captured so much light in the water without overexposing the photo paper.

3. Brenee Ewing

Cierra I freaking love these picks especially the one that look like a slapptered paint!!!