ACU uses Canvas as the campus-wide learning management system, a cloud-based learning management system that ACU has used since Spring 2015. Here are some tutorials and instructions you might want to check.
Quicklink to Canvas:
You will need to use your regular ACU username and password to access Canvas. If you have difficulty, contact the HelpDesk.
Take a video course:
- You can learn to use Canvas by watching Lynda.com video on Canvas. Check this page for instructions if you have issues logging into Lynda.com.
- An Orientation to Canvas for Faculty: This is a self-paced course you can view. Contact Berlin Fang if you need to be enrolled in the course to participate in the activities, or if you want to be unenrolled from the course.
- Requesting your Canvas course
- Cross-listing your Canvas courses
- Copying Canvas course from another course shell
- Sharing course content between colleagues
- Adding teaching assistants to your courses
- Using Blueprint courses to manage changes for multiple sections
- Changing start/end dates for Canvas courses
- Integrating Turnitin (for plagiarism detection) in Canvas
- Choosing Canvas content types
- Things to consider before an online test
- Checking if students viewed your feedback
- Adding an orientation module in your online course
- Adding library materials directly in Canvas
- Grading anything in Canvas
- Giving students extra time/attempt for Canvas quizzes
- Using ARC videos
- Creating ePortfolios in Canvas
- Canvas Hacks for the Happy Grader
- Checkin Canvas status
- Shift dates between semesters
- Getting technical support in using Canvas:
You and your students can contact Canvas for 24/7 support for technical help and troubleshooting. To get such help, log in to Canvas, click on “help” on the Canvas menu, you will then see a list of options for you to get help by phone or live chat. When using live chat, get the URL of the page you have a problem with so that you do not lose time describing where issues occur. If you experience issues with a particular feature or function, you can also check Canvas Status for updates.
- Getting instructional design support in using Canvas: Canvas help is best for answering specific product-related questions (“How do I upload an assignment?” “Speedgrader keeps logging me out. What can I do?”). For instructional design questions (“Should I use quiz or assignment for this activity?””I am suspecting a student cheating in this exam, can I find out?””Does Canvas have a way for me to …”), contact Berlin Fang or Amy Boone.