Using the New Turnitin Feedback Studio iPad App

Turnitin released its new Turnitin Feedback Studio app (download here).

For ACU Faculty to sign in, open the app and select “Log in with Access Code.”

Log in with Access Code

Next, open a Canvas course in Safari on your iPad (not on a laptop, and not in the Canvas app). Navigate to an assignment that is using the Turnitin LTI and open the Turnitin viewer by clicking on a submitted paper.

view of Turnitin from canvas

In the Feedback Studio view, tap the i in the circle on the lower right of the screen.  If you do not see the “i” icon, it may be covered by a gear icon. Tap on it and you will be able to see the “i”icon.

Tap the i

Tap the “Generate Code” button.

A view of the information from the assignment

It may take a moment or two before the code actually generates.

Next, copy the generated code and paste it in the appropriate place in the Turnitin app.

a unique code will be generated.

Remove the spaces before hitting Return.

Remove the spaces

Once the code is accepted, you will be able to use the Turnitin Feedback Studio app on your iPad.

An image of a paper in Turnitin Feedback Studio

Tap anywhere in the paper to make comments and suggestions. This app is new and is a little buggy, but has potential to be a great markup tool as improvements are made.

This entry was posted in Adams Blog, Canvas, Instructional Technologies, Tips and tagged , , , , , by David Christianson. Bookmark the permalink.

About David Christianson

My name is David Christianson. I've long felt that teaching was my calling, and have spent my career teaching both children and adults. Many of the most important lessons for teaching adults, I learned from teaching children (thankfully behavior management is much less of a concern with adults!). I have a B.S. in Communication from Oklahoma Christian University, an M.A. in Communication from ACU, and an M.Ed. in Education, also from ACU. My work with teaching children soon grew into training adults to do the same. As I did this for the Region 14 Education Service Center, I utilized online training, face-to-face training, and distance learning (video chat) to spread the message far and wide. I value technology as a great tool to enhance learning and to address the core of how we learn. I can help with online learning, I have lots of great tricks to use in the physical classroom as well! I feel absolutely blessed to now serve as an Instructional Designer for the Adams Center. If I have learned one thing in my educational service, it is that I love helping others to learn!